The Bendigo TAFE Access Scholarship has been designed to provide opportunities for access to education. The scholarship is available to domestic and international students enrolled in any course at Bendigo TAFE. It is intended to alleviate financial pressures associated with engagement and the successful completion of the course.
Applications are open throughout the year.
Students must be enrolled in any course at Bendigo TAFE.
Eligibility/ Selection Criteria
To be eligible for the Bendigo TAFE Access Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria and provide supporting documents
1. Must provide evidence of being an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa holder
2. Provide evidence of financial or personal disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
a. financial difficulty or low-socioeconomic status (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if the evidence is displayed in a personal statement)
b. have a disability or medical condition (medical certificate/report)
c. experienced delay or interruption to studies due to compassionate reason (death in the immediate family, family violence, homelessness, or at authorised officers’ discretion) evidence – death certificate, eviction notice, personal statement or statutory declaration
3. Currently enrolled and studying at Bendigo TAFE and have current outstanding fees.
1. Must hold a valid visa (student visa, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa or anyone paying International Fee)
2. Must be an onshore student
3. Provide evidence of financial or personal disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
a. financial difficulty (payslips, bank statements or statutory declaration)
b. experienced delay or interruption to studies due to compassionate reason(s), which may include but death in the immediate family, family violence, homelessness, or at authorised officers’ discretion Evidence – death certificate, eviction notice, personal statement or statutory declaration
4. Currently enrolled and studying at Bendigo TAFE and have current outstanding fees.
This scholarship is offset towards tuition fees. There are limited scholarships available and the amount is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Domestic Students: up to $500 per scholarship
- International Students: up to $1,000 per scholarship
How to apply
To apply for the Access Scholarship, applicants must:
2. Applicants under 18 years of age need to obtain parent/guardian consent before submitting a scholarship application. The Consent Form can be downloaded for completion and must be attached to your scholarship application at the time of submission.
3. Provide supporting documents
4. Submit completed application form and all supporting documents to one of the following emails:
Please note: It may take up to 5 business days to receive an outcome once you have submitted your application with supporting documents.
For more information, contact
Students who are unhappy with the outcome of their application can submit their feedback and complaint here.